These 5 strategies for social media marketing are not only the most important for 2019, but have been and will continue to the foundation of strong social media marketing.
1. Understand Just What Marketing Is!
So, with this understanding of what it is, you can approach social media marketing with the same enthusiasm of getting that date or getting out of a ticket. You’re simply showing others why your opinion is valuable.
2. Share Your Story Instead of Promote
When you document your work process and share that with us, know that you’re telling a story. Tell the story of what it’s like to run your business. Being transparent will go a long way.
3. Diversify Your Social Media Portfolio
On one hand, it’s important to not over-burden yourself which will result in too little content. However, making use of the different platforms is essential if you really want to grow your social media marketing. Fortunately it can be easy to multipurpose the same posts.
My wife was posting promotions for her coaching program and it wasn’t getting much attention. We looked through her Facebook history and realized that she had been posting a lot of the same stuff for over a month because she had a lot of similar programs to promote. I urged her to try something completely different.
She posted a complaint about mothering a teenager which caught a lot of sympathetic comments. She then posted a picture of her looking happy and said something good about her life: plenty more comments. Moral of the story: diversify your posts (and document rather than promote).
4. Leverage Other Influencers
5. Utilize Your Fanbase
- Respond to any post about your business immediately. If someone shares a picture of your product or service, thank them or even send them a coupon for 10% off. If someone shares a complaint about your business, do what you can to make it better. Everyone else will see the conversation and it can be a valuable asset to you.
- Get testimonials on video and share these. A lot of our videos include testimonials so we started creating separate versions of the testimonials as well. Some of these testimonial videos got more traction than the main promo videos. People trust other people more than a business promotion.